mandag 20. august 2012

SummerChallenge #7: Bicycle

I have been riding my bicycle all summer. It is great exercise and great for getting more of that everyday movement into my life. I take my bicycle to work, makes me quiqly - I think it's even faster than taking the car as the way to work is all down hill. As on the way home I get a whole additional workout up those same hills. Mostly because I don't know how to ride a bicycle without making it into an intense workout.



My Hero-man bought me the bike two summers ago as he thought I should save us some money and spend some fat instead. He used his all the time and everywhere. I had not used a bike since I was twelve. Kind of embarrasing as I was really into fitness, and I did spinning every week.


The whole summer I spent practising the art of how to master a bike. It is true what they say about cycling. You never forget how to bicycle. How to manuvre the bike, however... I rode around with the breaks on for the first whole summer, that and a face that looked so scared the ones driving by in cars got worried.

This summer I have been so proud of my self. I have been riding the bike no matter the weather. Even last year I would take the car if it was raining or when it looked like it could start raining. This year I have not. I'm still surprised over my own choice every time I choose the bike in the rain. And you know what? It's not really that bad!

So my SummerChallenge #7 is that you drag out that rusty old bike, fix it up and take for a spin.

It makes you feel like your are 10 years old! While it can be incredibly heavy and painful the first times that you use it, I promise you you will get in bicycle-shape quicly, your body will adapt and you will start to enjoy the ride. Give it a week!


We all have bicycles in this familiy. My youngest had his first when he was two. Now he is three, and he can't get enough of his bike!


Alanna

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar