søndag 19. august 2012

600 Rep Back To Basic Challenge

Todays workout is a big Challenge in the Back To Basic Concept! 
Each round is 100 reps and your goal is to do all 6 rounds. 

I did this workout some weeks ago and I my self had to quit after 5 rounds because my elbous startet to ache by round three, and by round five I was afraid to hurt my self - so I aborted. The next week I was really sore for several days and I didn't do push ups the next 3-4 days to let my poor elbous rest a little. So you see, that is why I wrote 500 reps in the Plan - I don't expect you to do all rounds. It is a challenge. Something to strech against. A big hairy goal. It is a true Back To Basic Challenge - a workout simple enough so that even the complete beginner can do it, challenging enough so that even the trained athlete will struggle through. It is all about how you push your self!


Make sure to listen to your body. If you experience pain during the workout (back, knees, shoulders, elbous...) it is you body trying to talk to you. Giving you a message - telling you to modify the exercise or in some cases even abort the workout or a particular exercise. Modify first - abort if your body keeps telling you to.

Beginners are not going to do all rounds. 

If you are complete beginner and just startet working out - ever, you are just going to do 2 rounds, and you will do all burpees without push ups. You will do with 2 rounds and your challenge is to do all exercises perfectly: Chest touching the floor in the push ups (even if you have to do it on your knees), perfect balance in Plank Swap and lifting your hips high in the Crab Kicks. Use as long as you need to get through, make sure to time yourself and watch you form to perfection. Believe me, that will give you just as good effect from the first two rounds as the athlete will get from doing all 6.


If you are a beginner in strength training, but you have a base in your training previously doing a lot of cardio (running, cycling, spinning), you are familiar with some forms of group training or home workouts or you have been on and off working out for some time, you can do 3 rounds with push-up-free-burpees. Your goal is to tame your willpower and push through even if you want to quit mid workout.


If you are in the trained section, having done a lot of training before, do all 6 rounds. You are strong and you know your body can take the strain. You have previous experience with advanced group training (bootcamp, cross fit, kettlebells or other similar group training concepts), or you have been doing strength training for years or are used to do weight lifting.


Here are the exercises:
5 Burpees
10+10 Front&SideLunge
5 Burpees
20 Supergirl Push Up
5 Burpees
20 Crab Kicks/Hip Thrusts
5 Burpees
20 Plank Swap

I did 5 rounds in: 37:20

Good Luck and don't get scared! This is a GREAT workout - I'm definetly doing it again later! 

Alanna

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar