mandag 12. mars 2012

Konika talks about her motivation and weaknesses

For the readers here is what I think about myself and the motivation for workout.

- How I feel -  
I am mostly stressed that I don't look good in a party or in a crowd or meeting for now. But I am mostly scared of getting diabetes (which runs in our family) and other health issues. I snore loud (again I guess is related to fat) and I disturb the people near me. And if I want to diet I am taking out pleasure for other people in my family - like my father and boyfriend. So I need to cook separately for them which is mostly troublesome and I end up making and eating good Indian food.

- My problem - 
I weigh myself everyday, it never comes down, no matter how many exercise I do or eat less. (I understand it will take time) I have lots of work during the PhD and so I sometimes have to sit back in office continuously for long time and miss on exercise. I get hungry after every 3 hours and I love all types of food. But now I don't eat anything after dinner. I do not skip breakfast, lunch or dinners but I also eat less fruits. I try to avoid all fatty and sweet stuff and eat more salads and soups. I think my normal bread intake is not so much and it is difficult to reduce it, so basically I need more exercise.


- My motivation -
I have very low self motivation - be it work or exercise. Deadline works best for me and that's what I found with Alanna. From the first day I admire her a lot, she is like the superwomen I have seen in books and videos, so I started attending the Kick Off and Zumba sessions from her. This workout session came as an opportunity for having someone to ask me what I did. And I am good at keeping promises. I will be ashamed if I do not follow up on exercise also I am not always studying and this workout takes like only half and hour.

So basically when I come back home from office and used to waste time watching TV, I now rest a bit and do the workout - before I again go to the kitchen and start making the dinner. Also I have to send Alanna the scores - so I just have to do it. If Alanna can repeat the workout for me in English I can at least be grateful and follow it religiously.

The other hidden motivation is that I want to get married next year and I do not want to still be struggling for weight loss and also wish to look and feel great for it. I have a supportive boyfriend but I feel he deserves someone better than me. Who wants a fat/obese, unfit and unhealthy, emotionally insecure partner or even a family member? Then I want to be a motivation for my sister and my friends - whom I advice a lot but have to prove it now (I read a lot ;) )

I think the secret is to think not about yourself, 
but about how your loved ones will feel for you.





Thanks Konika



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar