tirsdag 22. mai 2012

Tarzan Workout

When my boys are making me workout routines I can allways count on a challenge. I can also count on an exiting name for the workout. And I can count on at least one of the exercises being new, fresh, and creative. And I can count on loosing. When my boys and I work out togheter we allways has this innocent competition about who produces the most reps. - That is never me. Exept when were doing high kees with jump rope. I allways shine with the rope.

Unfortunatly there is no rope in this routine. This is an all bodyweight, no equipment Workout that will bring on the burn. Push youself hard and squeese out every last breath and repetition you have. Take breaks when you need to, shake out the lactate, take a breath and then do one more rep. Keep the breaks as short and few as possible. The whole workout is only 16 minutes long, so you need to be pushing hard to get the max results from this. And if you do, you will have a better workout than most of the people who halfheartadly walks around in the gym for hours.

In 16 minutes.

Set your timer for 16 rounds of 10 and 50 seconds intervals. The 10 seconds is your restinterval - it gives you time to write down your score and get ready for the next exercise. The 50 seconds is the work interval where you push as hard as you can. You need to push MAX. If you have anything left at the end of an interval like this - you are not pushing hard enough.

Here are the exercieses and my scores:
Clapping Push Up - 10, 9, 8, 9 (not really perfect...)
Tarzan Jumps - 27, 30, 32, 30
Lattissimus Push Up - 10, 11, 12, 11
Pistol Squat Roll & Dynamic Bridge - 5, 5, 4, 5


Good Luck people! -And please tell me how it went and what you thought of the routine. Feel free to post a picture and your scores on the facebookpage - and check out the regular updates of Ole Vidar, Anne and Konika.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar