tirsdag 10. juli 2012

Summer Challenge 2: The Heel-Toe Express

The waterchallenge from last Tuesday is still running. And I think It's time for å check in.

I must admit my water intake has not been perfect the past three days. But I have not given up. And that is what this is about. It's a challenge - its not a game where you have to quit if you stuble a couple of days. The point is to feel out this new routine, and make regular waterintake a naural part of our diet, our life and our body. We need maybe to train our body to give the right signals when it want refill.

I know this about my self that I surpress the need of water to a point where my body can no longer recongize thirst. So when dehydrated it tells me I'm hungry instead. Beacuse hunger I listen to. I act. I make a refill.

Food contains different amounts of liquid - water. So by feeding your body when it's dehydrated it actually hydrates the body a little bit. Enough for it to go on for a while longer. Barely. But it's a limit for how much food we really need. How much energy we can use during a day and a week. So by eating food when thisty we feed our body a lot of unessesary kcalories.

Water contains zero kcalories. And we can hydrate our body even more with clean water, than with food. It can make the more of it! And like magic headaces disappears, recovery after a workout is quicker, your skin is better (this can take a while before you notice), energy is flowing so much you may need less sleep even!

And your body starts recognizing hunger from thirst.

So please - if you haven't gotten on the waterchallenge yet - start now. It's never too late. I'll do check ins every now and then. I too needs reminding to keep the routine from slipping back to what it was. I doo LIKE having more energy, great skin and less hunger. But that does not mean it make water a natural part of my day without me forcing it at the start. ;-)
_________

Enough about that.

Today I have a new challenge for you guys. It's about the most basic thing you can do for your health. It's the most simple thing to do to boost your training results, and the easiest you can do to use energy and boost your daily metabolism.


It's so easy - so why don't we do it more? Say...30 minutes a day?

Alanna

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar